[thelist] changing link text on-the-fly with JavaScript

Chris Marsh chris at ecleanuk.com
Fri Mar 7 11:03:01 CST 2003

Sarah

[..]

> I tried some code similar to this, and it seems to be pretty
> much working. When I click save and then mouse over the link,
> the status bar shows the path to the document I added in the
> upload field, but when I click on the link, nothing happens.

You'll also notice that "Open in new window" and "Save target as" don't
work. However, if you "Copy Shortcut" and paste into the address bar is
*does* work. I'm now entering the world of educated guessing, but I
noted that the URL in the code was "D:\foo\bar.csv". However, IE
intuited the "file:///" at the beginning of the path when I copied it.
Perhaps it may work if the "file:/// is actually inserted in the path
within the code?

> The code is here (this is a somewhat pared down copy of the
> original form, which is too long to force on any helpful
> evolters): http://sarah.designshift.com/test.html

Regards

Chris Marsh