[thelist] Web Based Employee Directory

Scott Harman scott at harman.tv
Tue Sep 14 14:43:02 CDT 2004

Personally - I'd stay away from static html -= it's really not that
difficult to set up a little mysql db on a box sitting around in the
office.
In that respect, it's pretty quick and easy to knock up a dynamic site
in php/asp or whatever you fancy.
You'll spend far less time doing it this way, than you would otherwise
(IMHO)
As PHP renders everything out to HTML anyway (and it's up to you to make
it compliant and accessible regardless) it's much of a muchness.
I've just whacked together a pretty simple generic csv file import
script for handling exactly that - where a csv file contains pretty much
the information you've described - instead of job title and job
description, it's just an FK for the table which deals with that.

Let me know, and I'll post my script (which isn't particularly elegant
or clever - but it works quite nicely)

I personally think it's just too labor intensive regardless of company
size.

My 2p.

Scott