[thelist] Bug tracking

Max Schwanekamp lists at neptunewebworks.com
Fri Nov 10 13:19:41 CST 2006

Yep, one of those every-2-months questions.  I've been using Fogbugz.  It's
generally quite good, lots of lovely features.  But because it has a custom
binary associated with it, it has OS/platform limitations.   In my case, the
problem is that FB is limited to PHP 4 when it's used on Redhat 9, and Fog
Creek has no plans to change that situation.  Sooo, I'm back in the market
for a good bug tracking system.    I'm specifically looking for an issue
tracker, not a project management app like Basecamp or ActiveCollab (I use
the latter for other stuff already), for use in my own-man-show website
projects and some small-team web app projects.

My Requirements: PHP 5 support, MySQL 5+ support, abilitity to list issues
by priority, ability to upload attachments to a ticket such as images,
reasonably snappy performance, abilty to customize it safely.
Nice to have: An easy method for my clients to create a ticket from their
local machine, e.g. submit a ticket with screenshot by email or with a
clientside app (like Fogbugz' screenshot tool).

Right now I'm looking at Flyspray and Mantis.  Anyone have other specific
suggestions?

--
Max Schwanekamp
NeptuneWebworks.com