[thelist] Stop the Hate - IE6 isn't so bad!

Kristian Rink kristian at zimmer428.net
Wed Oct 24 08:14:45 CDT 2007

'Morning, Jon;

Am Wed, 24 Oct 2007 06:08:23 -0700
schrieb "Jon Hughes" <jon at phazm.net>:

> http://www.phazm.com/notes/productivity/stop-the-hate-ie6-isnt-so-bad/
>
> I lay out a few tips to speed up the production of IE6 compatible
> pages, if anyone is interested.

Technically and in terms of content the page is well done, congrats. :)
However, as I have to login to post a comment (and I don't want to
register), my comment is here:

"...The fact is, IE6 is not that hard to code for, ..."

Actually, _that_ is the very problem. No real IE hate here, but there
is a more or less clear way things should be: There are standards, and
there are browsers that should implement them. Having "to code for" a
given browser simply is neither what is intended in this technology nor
what is desirable either for developers or for users. That said, I
share the opinion of the site you quoted about "giving up IE6" and,
though in a kind way, asking people to please use a better browser. ;)

Just my $0.02, of course...

Cheers,
Kristian

--