[thelist] Simple CMS alike Wordpress instead of iWeb

Stefan Schwarzer st.schwarzer at geois.de
Wed Jan 30 03:03:09 CST 2008

Hi there,

I am looking for a CMS which is as simple to use and customize as
Wordpress is for blogs (although it could be used as well for a really
minor static site; but this wouldn't be an option for me, I think) and
which would give me a reason not to use iWeb.

My wife wants (me) to develop a website for a very small NGO; just a
couple of pages about what they are doing, when they have some
activities, and a profile of each of the persons involved. I would use
iWeb as it is really simple to use - my wife can deal with it after
some minor instructions.

But they are thinking of offering the site in different languages. And
that would be a bit more difficult to deal with when using iWeb -
although still feasible.

But if there would be a simple CMS - I myself use Wordpress, which I
find very easy to use, for different blogs; and I had something like
this in mind -, than that could be a more elegant solution...

Thanks for any hints.

Stef

   Lean Back and Relax - Enjoy some Nature Photography
   http://photoblog.la-famille-schwarzer.de

   Appetite for Global Data? UNEP GEO Data Portal:
   http://geodata.grid.unep.ch