[thelist] Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in ...

Bob Meetin bobm at dottedi.biz
Wed Sep 2 17:58:06 CDT 2009

Mohan Arun L wrote:
>>> If I do "select * from $table" I get the system message:
>>> Warning: mysql_query() [function.mysql-query]: Unable to save result set in ...
>>> there is some corrupt (?) data that is causing the failure?
>>>

> Most probably - corrupt table structure.
> First try running the same query using a restricting WHERE clause (so
> it returns very few rows), if you dont get mysql error then the
> permissions are correct. Then use phpMyAdmin to repair the table.
> Source:
> http://www.fasthostinghelp.com/error-message-warning-mysql-t121.html?s=29d4c2c3194c2b3cd8c173fa912754f5&
>
> --------------------------------------
> www.webdesignexpert.me
> www.mohanarun.com

If I run any select from the mysql prompt (SSH access) the results are
fine.

It is only when I attempt this via a PHP script interface.  I did a
couple samples queries where I changed the order (from desc to asc) and
set limits to around 97000-98000 from either direction with similar
results.  It always breaks in that vicinity.

Hassan suggested this may also be a PHP limit which I can check in the
PHP.ini file.  This makes sense according to what I found in switching
the order and the tests.  The reality here is that although there are
360000+ records in the DB, the max query size would probably not
approach 5000.  Thx, Bob