[thelist] Sending Bulk Email

Nan Harbison nan at nanharbison.com
Tue Oct 13 13:41:03 CDT 2009

I think legally when you send an email like this, whether or not it is
considered spam, you are required to have an opt-out option in the email,
most of the time it is at the very bottom of the email. So if you set it up,
you have to include a link or something that allows people to opt out. That
is one of the websites like Constant Contact does for you, besides being
white listed by ISPs.

If a large number of these thousands of emails go to one ISP, let's say AOL
for example, and these recipients complain to AOL about your email, then AOL
may shut your domain off from being able to send email to AOL customers. If
you are on shared hosting, this also affects everyone else on the hosting,
which isn't too cool.

Just my 2 cents!
Nan