[thelist] What is normal 'ImageMagick' processing on VPS hosting?

Robert Lee rob at rob-n-steph.net
Fri Apr 30 15:19:26 CDT 2010

Bob,

I know you're looking for single or dual core results, but I thought I'd
give you some results in case you don't get responses from others.

It takes about a second to convert the image.

Running:
ImageMagic 6.2.8
8 @ 2.13GHz Xeon E5506 CPU's (2 quad cores)
768 MB Ram / 395 MB free
CENTOS 5.4 i686 virtuozzo.

My average load before and after running the conversion is about .06, during
conversion it spiked to ~.44

Also, are you sure HG is only giving you a single CPU? (you can tell from
"Server Status >> Server Information" in WHM) For the prices that they
advertize they really should be giving you more than one core.

HTH,
Rob