[Javascript] displaying single quotes or double quotes in javascript alert

Russell Scheinberg rscheinberg at lrk.com
Fri Jul 6 08:26:33 CDT 2001

I am trying to create some alerts in javascript that make reference to variables created with ASP. I can get the data in the variables to display just fine, except when they contain single or double quotes, which of course causes a problem in the string and a error to occur. I was wondering if there is a display code for these characters as there is in visual basic or html (&rsquot;,") that I could do a Replace() with and not cause the script to choke.

Thanks.