[Javascript] Layers Attatched:page

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Fri May 18 07:32:10 CDT 2001

>editUser.html killed Netscape 4.7

Yep, here, too, two truly dramatic crashes like in the old times. I think
the problems are

1) too many layers
2) a form spread out over many layers

If this page has to work in NN4, you'd better forget about making stuff
visible and invisible.

>in text editor I could see these lines:
><LINK REL="stylesheet" HREF="includes/style.css">
><script src="scripts/validateUser.js"></script>

Removed the style sheet link, then came the second and far more dramatic
crash.

>That's all from me. I will see how the dhtml guys respond on the
>visibility issues with interest.

 From a coding point of view this page is way too complicated. I'm sorry, but
I don't have the time to do a detailed review as Rodney did and I don't know
why the script doesn't work in NN6.

ppk