[Javascript] Memory Useage

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Mon Oct 27 13:40:32 CST 2003

Do you really need 6000 points in this dataset?  I bet the user is only
concerned with one at a time.

If you're building a client-side application that minimizes
'round-tripping' then I guess you would want all the data delivered at
once...   I'm just questioning the usefulness of a 6000 entry drop-down
box.  (the scrollbar's box would be about 1 pixel high and only move 1
pixel for each few pages of data)

Sorry I provide no useful insight towards the answer