[Javascript] Anotherbeginner's question

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Mon Jan 30 09:10:30 CST 2006

I suggest that you DO use <a> tags, with their href set to the default location.  Then you still
have functional links without javascript (yeah, I know.. who uses a browser without javascript)
 Another benefit is that you can style your links using CSS  (a {style}  a:hover {cursor:
pointer;})

Rather than using onmouseover/out, you could reassign the href(s) once the document is loaded -
after all, the user is not likely to change their IP address while moving around your page.

If this change in approach is going to upset your "regular JavaScript guy" then you should
probably stick with the approved plan.