[Javascript] Fade transition onmouseover/out based on CSS :hover?

Mike Dougherty mdougherty at pbp.com
Wed Sep 26 08:22:37 CDT 2007

On 9/26/07, Barney Carroll <barney at textmatters.com> wrote:
> I have numerous objects with completely satisfactory CSS hover rules,
> but I would like a gradual transition (for the state to fade in/out over
> 300 millisecs or something) onmouseover and -out. I'm not looking for
> something to parse my CSS and translate the results, but the fact that
> the state change can be effected by CSS indicates how simple the actual
> transition is – no content difference, basically.
>
> How can I achieve this effect?

Do you want menus to always have the delay, or only if the pointer
moves outside the navigation container?  ex:  mousing up/down the nav
list causes each flyout to open and close - should they fade in and
out, or should the delay only happen when the pointer moves from a sub
menu to the document?  (to prevent accidentally closing the whole
flyout) ?