[thelist] Old Shockwave installers

zac zac at pixelgeek.com
Wed Jan 31 21:30:50 CST 2001

Garrett Coakley wrote:

> Thanks for jumping in here zac. If you can offer any pointers I would be
> very grateful. Been banging my head against this for a few days now.

It sounds as if you have a DLL problem. It sounds as if the version of the
IML32 file is causing a crash on your machines. I've not seen anything that
causes a generic crash like you mention so I would think that there is
something in your movie that might be causing the D7 version of Shockwave to
blow chunks.

Does the movie use any embedded fonts? Or anti-aliased Text members?

You might want to look around for older installers on old Netscape or
Microsoft CDs.

Or maybe check out the Director 7 CD to see if there is an older version of
the installer there.

As well you might want to drop a message to the DIRECT-L newsgroup (and
check the digests at Maricopa. Email me privately if you need the URL) to
see if anyone else ahs run into the problem.

--

       Multimedia projects are never finished they're just abandoned

       email: zac at pixelgeek.com
       WWW: http://www.pixelgeek.com/