[thelist] netscape 4 nested tables - YAY!

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Wed Sep 26 11:48:49 CDT 2001

I posted a question about the same (or similar) problem recently. The best
advice I had was to go through the code and replace as much of the table
formatting as possible (widths, padding, colours etc) with CSS instead. If
you give each table cell a class tag and then use inline styles to define
very variable features (sizes for instance) you will a) reduce the amount of
code to load and b) speed up Netscape.

It's a bit of work, but I tried it and was hugely surprised - a page that
was taking almost 30 second in Netscape now opens in 5.

Steve Cook
web strategist
Evitbe AB
031-15 16 17   031-890 365   0703-13 26 31
steve.cook at evitbe.com       www.evitbe.com