[thechat] Lackluster tacos are core competency of Taco Bell.

Jay Turley jay at weberrific.org
Fri Mar 23 12:37:44 CST 2001

Joe-

I must agree with you! I was born and bred in New Mexico, home of the
authentic hatch green chile and red chile (not the bowdlerized version that
chicago and texas lay claim to). However!!! When I went to Virginia to so
research (into machine intelligence which is another cool story) one
summer, there were only two mexican restaurants in the city... a hole-in-
the-wall and Taco Bell. Sadly, Taco Bell had the better food, and I ate
there frequently. I remember that one time I took a couple of friends, and
one of them asked me with disbelief in his voice, "Is that really what NM
looks like?" - referring of course to the etched glass pictures of the
mesas and desert scenes that pervade the restaurant. I told him yes, but
that he oughtta check out Doug West's work for a real look at the
southwestern United States. URLs:

http://www.dougwestart.com/

http://www.dougwestgallery.com/

Doug is one of my favorite artists. And Taco Bell is one of my least
favorite restaurants...

</ramble>

  http://www.weberrific.org
 "Any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from technology"