[thechat] gas prices..

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Fri Apr 13 10:53:28 CDT 2001

Bob Davis wrote:

> It's interesting to note that when folks with cars like mine replace the
> computer with a higher performance one (adding some 50-60 hp), they seem

I've been thinking about doing something like that for the summer..
where did you go to get info on that bob?

> The electronics in our engines (Dan - can't speak for everyone, but I
> know yours) are very complex.  They measure the density of the air
> coming in, the temp, all kinds of stuff - and they deliver the exact
> amount of fuel that will burn cleanly in the cylinder.  High compression
> motors love high octane and timing advance.  It's all good.

Ya, when I took it in a couple weeks ago, it was pretty cool to see them
hook a laptop with a serial device to my engine :)

> So.  Am I the only car geek?  The Trophy counts - even though it's a
> bike, it's just too cool.

Oh no.. The reason I was thinking about dropping some new electronics
into my engine was because every summer for one weekend, they open up
Elkhart Lake up here in Wisconsin(its an Indy class race track) for
'amateurs' like us to race our cars around on.. It only costs $75, and
you have to sign insurance waivers up the wazoo, but you get a
certificate.. and its just cool :)

Bob, you should bring the audi up and we could race :)