[thechat] shonen knife

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Wed Jun 27 19:18:26 CDT 2001

At 03:59 PM 6/26/2001 -0700, Erica wrote:

>I don't know what it is about Japanese girl groups... I'm pretty clueless
>about music nowadays (I was listening to Country Western during the whole
>grunge thing) but  I bought Cibo Matto's "Stereotyope A" 'cause I thought
>it had a cool picture on front... oh and because I knew Sean Lennon was in
>the band ... and I played it to death.  I just love it.

Stereotype A is good, but I prefer Viva La Woman.  I Know My Chicken,
Birthday Cake.  Great songs.

I saw Cibo Matto twice on the Stereotype A tour.  Lot's of fun.  I had no
idea that Sean Lenon was a *really* good bass player.  I new he was a good
singer and very cute, but also quite talented in other ways.

Fun show if you ever get to see them.

Judah