[thechat] McDonald's food (was: The youth today...)

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Thu Nov 28 11:45:09 CST 2002

At 06:56 PM 28-11-02, Tara Cleveland wrote:
>I even tried the "Lighter Choices" menu once. It was *awful*. At
>least the fatty food has some taste (other than sawdust flavour).

"Low-fat" doesn't have to mean "low taste", Tara. I haven't deep-fried
anything for several years, and I still manage to eat every day.

You can make spicy potato wedges instead of fries. These are baked, not
fried. Just cut the potatoes into wedges (with skin), rub them with a
mixture of 1 tbsp olive oil, salt, warm paprika (or red chilli powder), a
bit of vinegar, and a pinch of pepper. Tossing them all together in a
ziplock bag is easiest. Bake at 350 degrees in the oven till done (can't
give you an exact cooking time because the potatoes in your part of the
world may be different.)

There you go - complex carbohydrate (as opposed to simple sugars) with
fibre (skin), and low in fat. They're not fries, but they taste good.

Let me know if you try it out.

Regards,

Madhu

Madhu Menon
Internet User Experience Consultant
e-mail: webguru at vsnl.net   |   Yahoo messenger: cold_logic

Content * Interfaces * Usability * Net Strategy