[thechat] Next Anime Step?

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Jul 10 09:08:00 CDT 2003

=> If you like the overall plot of Trigun, I can also recommend Rurouni
=> Kenshin.
=> If you like the feel of the sci-fi western, I also recommend Cowboy
=> Bebop and Outlaw Star.

Thanks! I'm actually going through the "Cowboy Bebop" series right now.
(and loving it!)

For the record, my sons (9 and 6 years old) and I loved "Spirited Away"!
My wife liked it but found it a bit eerie at times (but she finds the
anime style of animation a bit unsettling for some reason anyway...don't
know why). So, of course, my sons love to creep her out with that sound
that No-Face makes. ("uh...uh...uh")

It cracks me up when she catches me watching anime on the TechTV network
at night (their Anime Unleashed series
<http://www.techtv.com/animeunleashed/index.html/>) or Cartoon Network's
Adult Swim (currently showing "Kikaider", "Trigun", and "Lupin the
3rd"). She accuses me of regressing to my teen years, to which I
respond, "That's RIGHT!!"

Then I explain to her that I spent most of my after-school hours
watching "Battle of the Planets" and "Star Blazers". ;-)

Alan