[thechat] outburst

Luther, Ron ron.luther at hp.com
Fri Jan 21 08:55:40 CST 2005

Tara Cleveland said (and said well) a bunch of stuff.

Hi Tara,

I'd also like to thank you for responding. [I think I was also feeling
a bit of the "... and they came for 'x' and I did not speak up" guilt
the other day for not jumping in immediately.]  So thanks.

Maybe Deke was having a 'bad hair day'. I dunno. It happens. Part of
the 'danger' of email (at least for me) is that it's pretty easy to
hit that 'send' key before you cool down and think things through.

... and part of the job of a community is pointing out when one of us
is out of line. (I feel a little silly pointing that out knowing that,
eventually, everyone gets a turn in the barrel ... and the next turn
could well be mine!)

In the end, we'll never have control over how other people think or
act ... but we'll always have control over how we react!

Peace Out (Gee, where did I steal _that_!)   ;-)

RonL.