[thechat] playing games

Judah McAuley judah at wiredotter.com
Thu Jan 8 15:39:52 CST 2009

Hey, speaking of which, you want a side gig being my guitar teacher Erika? :)

I got myself a acoustic Fender for Fathers Day and have been working
my way through chords and fingering and fiddling about. The hard part
is finding time to practice when my little one isn't around as she has
to help Papa play guitar too. Sometimes I can convince her to play one
of her instruments, like the xylophone, drum or kazoo (kid plays a
mean kazoo) but its just not the same as playing Papa's guitar.

And I gotta say, its weird playing an instrument after being a
vocalist for song long. I have no real problems with rhythm or hearing
the music and I can even read music, but I have no real understanding
of keys or chords. I always just got a first, third and fifth to know
where I am and then everything else is intervals.

Judah