[theforum] 2 weeks to go... Template signoff Tuesday

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Tue Jan 18 20:47:02 CST 2005

On 18 Jan 2005 at 14:04, Garrett Coakley wrote:
[...]
> * Article, Contact and Login pages need to be finished

what about marking up some pages using some of our most extreme
articles?

also, i note these are XHTML -- are we good to go with converting the
articles over?

oh, and have you got your plan for styles on <pre> blocks? overflow
styles and all?

> * Search box needs to be changed to reflect the brief conversation the
> other day re: amalgamating all searches into one
>
> * Code structure and semantics +1'd. Especially important for the people
> doing the CSS, they need to ensure that there are enough class and id
> hooks to reach all the elements for styling.

not that i'm necessarily gonna write the CSS, but so far so good...
your ids are on the most global containers, giving plenty of room to
walk down the elements in the CSS...

and the use of <dl> is fine by me... i've made extensive use of them
on pages for real estate property detail listings so they have some
semantic value and are still usable on really old machines... but the
CSS can be tricky to keep alignments as you want them...

happy to share code when the time comes... i should probably be
reviewing my code soon anyway...