[thesite] the test evolt site

jeff jeff at members.evolt.org
Tue Dec 5 15:49:01 CST 2000

rudy,

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: From: rudy
:
: 1.  why is there a horizontal scrollbar?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dunno, can't answer that one for ya.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: 2. why is there a gap between the top black
: tab/bar and the rest of the content?
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

dunno, can't answer that one for ya either.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: 3. how do i enlarge the text in the main light green
: content area and the top of the dark green sidebar
: down the right? (beginning with the word Submit,
: the size is okay, but above that it's too small)
:
: i logged in and went to "Edit Style" but i have no idea
: what to change -- i saw something called SIDE but it
: didn't seem to affect the sidebar, and i saw something
: called SIDEBAR but there was no font size option
:
: actually, i just went and changed *every* instance of
: font size (about a dozen places) to 32px, but nothing
: happened when i hit Save Style -- do i have to log out
: and back in again for it to take effect?  or is this feature
: not working? assuming it will be working when we
: launch, will there be instructions? i found the "Edit Style"
: page quite intimidating
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

the site isn't hooked up to the dynamic style template right now.  it's
actually just hooked up to a plain-old vanilla css file.  so, that means
that style changing doesn't work right now.

there can be instructions if someone wants to write some.  better yet, i'd
prefer to have someone that wants to write a dhtml interface for this get in
touch with me and we can take it from there.  as the page is now it *is*
quite intimidating, but i think if there were an "edit properties" dialogue
like when editing the appearance of your win9.x environment that it'd be
much easier to work with.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: 4. did we abandon the idea of the new sexy urls?  every
: page i went to had a url with a question mark in it
:
:   e.g. http://test.evolt.org/style/evolt.borg?action=edit
:      http://test.evolt.org/topics/evolt.borg?tid=25
:      http://test.evolt.org/faq/evolt.borg
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

no, we haven't abandoned them at all.  in fact, the last example you gave
doesn't even have a question mark.  those urls that aren't important for the
search engines to index may have question marks and querystrings, but all
the regular links to content will not.  visit the site when you're not
logged in and you'll see what i mean - no question marks anywhere on the
site where links to content is concerned.

:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
: 5. is anybody working on the cf code for "Edit Account" --
: i thought this was half done already (i do remember inserting
: some test data for dan and myself)
:~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i'm not aware of anyone working on it.

: slow day at the office