[thesite] RE: [***forum] Re: VotingReqs

Warden, Matt mwarden at mattwarden.com
Sun Feb 3 20:40:00 CST 2002

On Feb 4, isaac had something to say about [thesite] RE: [Theforum] Re:...

>> by the way, when did the subject change from 'VotingReqs' to 'VotingRegs'
>> :)
>
>I don't think that I did. It was like that when I came in this morning...

yeah, it happened near the beginning of the thread. *shrug*

>> and every vote would be inserted with a priv level?
>> otherwise, you're talking about putting a flag about voting results on the
>> poll (or question) table, which i don't like, but may be the only way to
>> do this.
>
>I'd prefer the latter. I'm not sure that I see a reason to do the former.
>
>Why wouldn't we set "permissions" at the parent level?

the permissions aren't describing the poll/question, they're describing
the votes themselves. if we renamed the vote table to "results", do you
see now? the individual votes are just non-aggregated results.

normally, i dont like to put fields that describe Table A's data into
Table B.

we're trying to restrict viewing of the VOTES, not the poll/question.

make sense, or am i still talking rubbish? or both...

--
mattwarden
mattwarden.com